Careers with Healthy Living
At Healthy Living we really believe that serving people… our Guests, our Staff, our truck drivers, our vendors, our cleaning crew… brings us true joy and makes everything else we do better. Yes, we want to provide the community we love with the best food. Yes, we want to maintain high standards in choosing the organic, natural and local foods we sell. True, we believe it is important to sell only the finest supplements and body care products. BUT our first and foremost reason for being here is to serve our team members with respect and care, our guests with memorable experiences, our community through our outreach program, and everyone else who participates in our business. Questions? Email HR at: [email protected]
To see our current open positions, click the button below.
At Healthy Living, you’re part of the family.
When you work for a family-owned company, you join the family. For over 30 years we’ve prided ourselves on a workplace that includes a deep commitment to each other. We want our staff to know how much we value and appreciate them.
Here are some of our signature perks of being part of the family:
Health Insurance: We offer health insurance to all eligible staff working 30 hours or more, we also offer dental, vision, and short/long term disability and life insurance through AFLAC.
401(k): All full time staff are eligible to enroll in our 401(k) savings plan day one of employment. Healthy Living offers a contribution match up to 4% and staff are 100% vested from day one. We designed our 401(k) program so staff are always in control of their money.
Maternity/Paternity Leave: Staff members receive 40 hours paid time off for the birth or adoption of a child.
Staff Volunteer Day: We feel it’s important to give back to the community that has ensured our success. Our giving program is devoted to helping our community’s non-profit groups that have small budgets and big hearts. Staff can earn one paid day off for volunteering a full day of community service.
One Less Car at 222 and 3065: Don’t drive to work and receive a Gift Card once you surpass 10 days in a calendar month with not having a car at work. Walk to work, ride your bike, get dropped off, car pool.
Charitable Donation: Healthy Living will match staff charitable donations up to $1,000 annually per staff for a company maximum of $5,000.
Staff Discount: We offer a very generous staff discount on all Healthy Living products and Learning Center Classes. We want to make sure our staff get to experience all the products we have to offer.
More Healthy Living Benefits:
- Competitively priced MVP Medical plans offering an EPO with Co-pay/Co-insurance or a High Deductible plan with an HSA
- For staff who select the High Deductible plan, HL contributes $25 per month towards their HSA
- Aflac Short term and long term disability insurance
- Delta Dental
- Guardian Vision
Paid Time Off
- All staff receive 3 sick days per year
- Full time staff receive 2 or 3 weeks of Combined Paid Time Off (CTO) depending on position
- Additional weeks are earned at the 1st and 4th anniversary for a max of 4 weeks
- 4 hours of Personal Time accrued per month for Supervisors, Managers and office staff
- 1 week of paid Paternity/Maternity leave
- 8 hours Paid Time Off for qualifying staff volunteer day
- Time and half on the following holidays for hourly staff: New Years Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day & 4th of July
- All full time staff are eligible upon hire
- Changes can be made at any time via the John Hancock website
- HL matches 100% of the first 3% of employee contributions and 50% on the next 2% for a total match of 4%
- Staff are 100% vested in the company match from day 1
Other exciting benefits
- Wellness Program
- Flu Shot Clinics
- HL Matches Charitable Contributions made by Staff
- Earn HL gift cards for ride sharing, riding a bike to work, taking the bus, etc.
- Discounted bus passes
- Income advance program through North Country FCU