Partnering with small start-up farms, farmers, brands, and companies is one of our core values. For more than 30 years we’ve supported local farmers, manufacturers, vendors, and distributors and we love this about our business! In the early days of Healthy Living, we would buy everything from 4 cucumbers from the farmer down the road to a basket of homemade muffins baked in a customer’s kitchen. The world has changed a lot over the years and Healthy Living has evolved, but our commitment and values have not. Today we are more passionate than ever about working with businesses of all sizes. Fostering diverse and positive buying relationships is part of who we are as a company.
Before we put your products on our shelves, you have to be ready to go. The good news is we are here to help with that! One of our specialties is working with companies to get their goods ready for our stores and we’ve provided specific guidelines to help you in your quest. Please keep in mind, while we’d love to include every worthy product out there, our Category Managers have a lot to consider when curating what will be offered in our stores. Every time we bring in a new product, it means another might lose its space on the shelf—the grocery world is a competitive industry. That being said, we’re always looking for new products, and yours could be the one!
Local Trade Partner Opportunities
Healthy Living carries hundreds of Made-in-Vermont and Made-in-New York products and our Category Managers are always looking for more! Wondering how to become a Trade Partner? Please visit this link. Currently we’re seeking Trade Partners for the following:
- Select items of local produce. *As availability is subject to change, we would like to discuss the opportunity of working with new farm partners.
- For more information please contact Ashley Fuentes, Category Manager of Produce, at (802)863-2569.
Refrigerated & Frozen
- Goats’ Milk
- Single-Serve Yogurt Drinks or Smoothies
- Single-Source Cottage Cheese
- Single-Source Sour Cream
- Frozen Fruits
- Frozen Vegetables
- Local packaged dried beans
- Local packaged grains, rice
Meat & Seafood
- Local Duck
- Clean Frozen Seafood in Retail Package
- Local Sandwich Bread
- Co-packers for bakeshop items
- Co-packers for cafe Items
- Local rice/Grains in bulk.
- Blue Cornmeal
- Local rice, grains, beans
- Dried local fruits
Beer, Wine, and Cider
- Beers brewed with locally grown hops & other locally grown ingredients
- Local Breweries
Vitamins & Supplements
Currently our needs are being met by local vendors in these areas.
Currently our needs are being met by local vendors in the following areas:
- Energy Bars
- Granolas (though we would love a granola made with local ingredients)
- Greeting Cards
- Hot sauces
- Roasted Coffee
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Hard Cider
- Chocolate and Toffee
Wondering how to become a Trade Partner? The first step is to contact the appropriate Category Manager—the folks who select which products go on our shelves. Fill out this form and we’ll happily put you in touch with the right person.