5 Thanksgiving-inspired classes to boost the holiday spirit
Getting bored with the same-old side dishes every year? Does the idea of baking a Thanksgiving pie send you into stress mode? Do you not have a clue what to do with that turkey once you’ve got it in your kitchen? Stop worrying! Throughout November The Learning Center will be firing up for Thanksgiving and offering classes that have been designed to help you out in the kitchen before the big day.
Come and experience hands on learning that will bring the yum factor up at your Thanksgiving dinner this year:
- Holiday Help! Finger Foods to the Rescue Monday November 8, 5:30-7:30pm Be introduced to a variety of seasonal ingredients that will wow your taste buds. Learn how to prepare sophisticated appetizers, proper food presentation and how to use food as décor for your upcoming holiday party.
- Yes, you can. Classic Thanksgiving Pies from Scratch Wednesday November 10, 5:30-8:00pm Flawless, flakey and tender pastry crusts are in your repertoire—even if you didn’t already know it! In this hands-on class you will learn that baking a Thanksgiving pie can be fun.
- Say No to Standbys: Revamp Those Thanksgiving Side Dishes Friday, November 12, 5:30-8:00pm Put some pizzazz into your holiday side dishes. Give tradition a twist; come and learn how to prepare easy but unique versions of those tired side dishes.
- Easier than Pie! How-To Pie Crust Class, with Adele Dienno Saturday, November 13, 10am-12:30pm Fear the pie crust no more! Adele will show you a fast, fool-proof method to making a pie crust. You will also learn all the tricks to creating the “best apple pie ever” and a melt-in-your-mouth pumpkin pie.
- Thanksgiving Bird 101: Roasting, Stuffing and Serving the Bird Monday, November 15, 5:30-7:30pm No matter what your level of expertise is with “the bird”, this class is perfect for you. Frank and Nina will cover everything you need to know to make the most delicious Thanksgiving turkey: from brining, stuffing and trussing to roasting it to perfection and serving.
Click on the class titles for more information and to register online. Or – call customer service at (802) 863-2569 ext. 1 to register over the phone. Classes fill up quickly, so register now!