Delicious & Directly from Family Farms
Family is always in season at Healthy Living. Vendors are like extended family to us; with our strong, deep, local farm and producer partnerships. We care about sustaining agriculture, keeping land open, and providing our guests with fresh, flavorful, and local food.
We’re Proud To Work With:
VERMONT FARMS & PRODUCERS
- Unity Farm (Charlotte, VT)
- Stray Cat Flowers (Burlington, VT)
- Red Wagon Plants (Hinesburg, VT)
- River Berry Farm (Fairfax, VT)
- 1000 Stone Farm (Brookfield, VT)
- Pete’s Greens (Craftsbury, VT)
- Golden Russet Farm (Shoreham, VT)
- Lewis Creek Farm (Starksboro, VT)
- Shelburne Orchards (Shelburne, VT)
- Last Resort Farm (Monkton, VT)
- Adam’s Berry Farm (Charlotte, VT)
- Champlain Orchards (Shoreham, VT)
- Burnt Rock Farm (Huntington, VT)
- Full Moon Farm (Hinesburg, VT)
- Laughing Child Farm (Pawlet, VT)
- Jericho Settlers Farm (Jericho, VT)
- Dwight Miller Orchards (Dummerston, VT)
- Finn and Roots (Bakersfield, VT)
- Scott Farm (Dummerston, VT)
- Vermont Cranberry Co (Fletcher, VT)
- Diggers Mirth Collective (Burlington, VT)
- Bread and Butter Farm (Shelburne, VT)
NEW YORK FARMS & PRODUCERS
- Collar City Mushrooms (Troy, NY)
- Juniper Hill Farm (Wadhams, NY)
- Underwood Greenhouse (Shushan, NY))
- Denison Farm (Schaghticoke, NY)
- Tangleroot Farm (Essex, NY)
Healthy, Happy, Thriving Farms
Our heart belongs to family farms and regional cooperatives. Since we started in 1986, we’ve been lucky enough to support farmers in lots of ways:
- Being the leading buyers and resellers of locally produced produce, goods, and products in the communities we serve.
- Sending our staff to their farms to learn and work.
- Inviting them into our store to connect with our guests.
- Contracting with them to co-brand their products.
- Giving countless loans and other creative financing efforts like The Bread and Butter Farm project that involved a loan from us to the farm for a new hoop house. We’re now making this loan available to other farms!
Questions about these opportunities? Email Eli at email@example.com.
If you’d like to be our partner, please visit our Become A Vendor page. We look forward to meeting you, learning about your business, and experiencing your products!
Live It Up Local
We’ve worked with local farms and food producers to bring their products to market by consulting on packaging, health department standards, proper pricing, and more.
Our category managers and buyers regularly visit these farms, production sites, factories, and distributors to learn about their products and processes so that we can continue offering our guests the very best. We’re SO happy to see Vermont and New York farmers and producers being recognized and rewarded for their superior products!
Caring For Local Like a Mother
When Katy first started Healthy Living, she noticed small family farms disappearing. She wanted to know how her little grocery store could help. Buying from local farmers has helped those acres upon acres that were once overgrown with weeds and shuttered buildings turn into new fields cropping up. The earth is renewed and refreshed with green pastures. And that’s not all. Here are some other ways we support our people and planet:
- Powering our stores with 100% renewable energy.
- Practicing Zero Waste Butchery in all stores, using local, whole animals.
- Stocking an abundant Bulk Department that reduces packaging by offering over 100 self-serve products.
- Growing organic, edible landscaping and gardens at all stores.
- Using LED lighting throughout all stores.
- Composting all food waste in our Vermont stores.
- Using Glycol (as opposed to Freon) refrigeration systems in our Saratoga, NY store.
- Supplying compostable containers, cutlery, lids, and produce bags.
- Sourcing packaging products that are compostable, biodegradable, durable, and reusable.
- Offering our staff incentives for biking to work or carpooling.
- Offering the Angel Food staff perk to reduce waste. Products that cannot go on the shelf for one reason or another are given to staff at no cost!
- Offering incentives to guests for bringing reusable bags and containers.