Celebrate New Years Eve – Divine Wines Style!
Happy New Years Eve, Saratoga! Thank you for a fantastic first year! We know you love your events as much as we do, so we’re pleased as punch to provide you with some exciting New Years cocktails drafted by our very own Divine Wines staff, for all of your extravagant party-hosting needs! All of the below cocktails can be adjusted to your liking but adding/subtracting ingredient totals.
‘Divine Wines’ Faux-Royale – served in a Champagne flute/glass
**a version of the traditional Kir-Royale, made with Manischewitz sweetened red wine as a substitute for the Kir cassis liqueur**
1 1/2 ounces Manischewitz Sweetened Blackberry Wine ($6.99 at Divine Wines)
5 ounces Pol Roger Brut Reserve Champagne ($45.99 on sale at Divine Wines for the month of December)
Garnish with single raspberry in glass and serve
‘Divine Wines’ Traditional Bellini – served in a Champagne flute/glass
**a version of the traditional Bellini, originating in Veneto, Italy, made with sparkling Prosecco and white peach puree**
1 1/2 ounces ‘Smart Juice’ Organic Apricot/Peach Puree ($7.29 for a 34 ounce container at Healthy Living NY)
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh squeeze lemon juice
5 ounces Zonin Prosecco ($9.99 on sale at Divine Wines for the month of December)
Garnish with a twist of lemon on the rim and serve
‘Divine Wines’ Bellini Royale – served in a Champagne flute/glass
**a cross between the traditional Kir Royale and Bellini cocktails**
Squeeze half of a lime onto a flat saucer, turn the glass upside down and lightly dip the rim in the lime juice; keep glass upside down and lightly dip rim into sugar to create a beautifully-festive, sugared rim for your glass!
Add the following ingredients, in order, directly into the sugared rim glass:
1 ounce Manischewitz Sweetened Blackberry Wine ($6.99 at Divine Wines)
1 ounce ‘Smart Juice’ Organic Apricot/Peach Juice ($7.29 for a 34 ounce container at Healthy Living NY)
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
3-4 ounces of chilled Zonin Prosecco ($9.99 on sale at Divine Wines for the month of December)
1 tablespoon Grenadine (or cherry syrup) – if added last, this will sink to the bottom and create a layered effect in the glass
Garnish with two raspberries speared with a pick, resting across the rim, and serve
(if you prefer your beverages a little on the sweeter side, add 1/2 ounce of Peach Schnapps for a little extra oomph!)
Looking for something with more of a ‘WOW’ factor for your guests? Surprise them with some blackberry flavored, Prosecco gelatin shots that you can make in only 10 easy steps!
‘Divine Wines’ Royale Gelatin Shots
3 cups chilled Zonin Prosecco ($9.99 on sale at Divine Wines for the month of December)
3/4 cup Manischewitz Sweettend Blackberry Wine ($6.99 at Divine Wines)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
4 envelopes of Knox Unflavored Gelatin ($2.29 for a box of 4 envelopes at Healthy Living NY)
1/8 cup Grenadine (or cherry syrup)
Course white sugar (for decoration)
**if increasing the recipe size, we recommend using 1 envelope of gelatin per cup of liquid**
1. Pour 1 cup of chilled Zonin Prosecco in a sauce pan with the Manischewitz wine and lime juice; stir to combine
2. Empty all four contents of gelatin envelopes onto the liquid that is in the sauce pan; let sit 1 minute without stirring to allow the gelatin to soften
3. After mixture has sat for 1 minute, slowly apply low-medium heat to the burner under the sauce pan and simmer mixture while stirring until the gelatin visibly disappears and the liquid is once again clear
4. Remove pan from the heat and add remaining 2 cups of chilled Zonin Prosecco to the mixture; lightly stir to incorporate
5. Immediately pour mixture into molds (ice cube trays work great!); portioning it out evenly among the molds
6. Dash a little of the Grenadine/cherry syrup into each mold and allow it 1 minute to settle to the bottom of the mold before placing in the refrigerator
7. Refrigerate for 1 hour (or until fully set)
8. Remove molds from refrigerator; using a knife to loosen up the sides of the molds until they drop free, remove each set gelatin from its mold
9. Dip Grenadine/cherry syrup side of the gelatin ‘cube’ into the course sugar and place on a serving platter sugar-side up
10. Serve with a festive New Years toothpick to make it easier for your guests to pick up and wait for the ‘ooohs’ and ‘aaahhhs’ to ensue!
**if you enjoy your shots a little sweeter, increase the Grenadine/cherry syrup or add Peach Schnapps!**
Happy New Years, and thank you, from Divine Wines! We’re looking forward to spending another amazing year with you!