Healthy Living’s Spring Meal Challenge Winner
Last month we hosted an in-store Spring Meal Challenge at Healthy Living. The invited guests were asked to create a spring-inspired meal using ingredients from Healthy Living, with a catch! Each person had 12 minutes to shop for everything they would need to create a meal for four people. They were given a $30 HL gift card, a stack of coupons, and an incentive to win! The person who came up with the most creative recipe and promoted it the best through their blog or social media channels would win a $100 gift card.
Our winner is Katie Webster! Using the ingredients she picked up from the store, she created a beautiful Asparagus Panzanella. Nothing says spring quite like asparagus! Here’s some of what Katie said about the experience on her blog, Healthy Seasonal Recipes:
- “I got back in time and my final bill was $29.65! I literally jumped and cheered at the register. (I don’t get out much.)
- So last night for dinner I got to work with the ingredients. I used some of everything in my bag of groceries to make this panzanella with what I bought. Well except for the $1.44 of pitted Castelvetrano olives that I bought because I am a total olive freak and they just looked so good! I’ll have to eat those as I type! I have half of the bread left over, half of the green garlic and 8 eggs too. Sounds like the makings of breakfast this weekend! So all told I would say that I really made out well with my $30 dollars.”
So what exactly goes into making a Panzanella? These are the ingredients you’ll need:
- ½ pound day-old bread, cut into small bite-sized cubes
- splash of white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cup chopped and washed green garlic
- 1 cup Imagine no-chicken broth or reduced sodium-chicken broth
- 1 1-lb bunch asparagus, woody ends snapped off and stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice plus 4 lemon wedges for serving
- ½ cup crumbled fresh chevre
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
You can head over to Katie’s blog to get the full method and to see more photos of this beautiful dish.
Since we had such a great time with this challenge, we’ve decided to create a spin-off challenge that all of our shoppers can be a part of. Stay tuned for more details!