Pumpkin Protein Muffins
Warming spices like ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom are wonderful this time of year as we settle into fall. These gluten free pumpkin protein muffins are moist, protein and fiber rich, delicious, and have the perfect amount of sweet. They contain all the essential macronutrients, boast a low-glycemic index and will keep you full for hours. Even better, children love them! Pamela’s nut flour blend adds superior flavor, performance and nutrition to baked goods. These aren’t your typical pumpkin muffins!
1 ½ C Pamela’s nut flour blend
½ C protein powder (plain or vanilla)
1 t baking soda
½ t Himalayan salt
1 t cinnamon
½ t ginger
½ t cardamom
¼ t cloves
¼ t allspice
3 eggs (or sub 3 flax eggs)
1 C pumpkin puree
¼ C coconut oil, melted
1/4 C honey
2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
3 T hemp seeds
¼ C dark chocolate pieces, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line 12-muffin tin with paper.
2. Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine well and set
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs. Then add pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil
and honey. Whisk until fully mixed.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Evenly distribute batter in muffin tins.
6. Mix topping ingredients in a bowl, then sprinkle on top of muffins.
7. Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean!
This blog post was written by Healthy Living Taste Maker Mindy Elmergreen. Mindy teaches yoga at Tapna Yoga in Burlington. When she’s not in the studio, you’ll often find her in our cafe enjoying juices & smoothies with her adorable sons!