Baked Artichoke (Nonna Style)
1 each fresh purple or green artichoke
2 Tbsp. parsley (Chopped)
1 each lemon, zested and juiced
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese (Grated)
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
2 Tbsp. Bread crumb
1 tsp. kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Combine breadcrumb, olive oil, lemon zest, parsley, salt, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Mix well.
- Cut the stem off of the artichoke so the artichoke lies flat. Cut 1 inch off of the top of the artichoke and use scissors to cut down the spines around the bulb.
- Gently open the artichoke and squeeze lemon juice into the center.
- Spoon breadcrumb mixture in every crevice possible. Do your best!
- Wrap the artichoke with foil and place on an oven tray or cookie sheet in your oven. Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the meat of petals become tender.
- Serve with warmed butter or your chosen dipping sauce!