Black Olive and Sun Dried Tomato Tapenade
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil (oil reserved)
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
In the bowl of a food processor pulse the tomatoes until roughly chopped. Add the olives, parsley and lemon zest and juice. Pulse 5-6 times until the mixtures is combined but still chunky. Add the oil from the tomatoes and pulse to combine. If the mixture is too thick add more olive oil. Season to taste. Serve at room temperature.