Burrata Crostini with Salt Packed Anchovies and Hot Chili Citrus Pesto
For the pesto:
- 3 whole dried chili peppers; crushed or minced, seeds included
- 1 small bunch basil (about 10 large leaves); chiffonade
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 1 Tbsp coarsely crushed, toasted pine nuts
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- EVOO; as desired to thin (Use a good one! Its worth it.)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper; as desired but go light on the salt- Anchovies are salty!
For the crostini:
- 1 baguette; cut at an angle into thin pieces
- EVOO; for brushing bread
For the finished dish:
- 1 batch crostinis
- 2 balls burrata
- 1 recipe chili citrus pesto
- 4-8 anchovies; small dice
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Don’t over salt it. The anchovies will add plenty of salt! You can make this up to three days in advance and leave it in a jar in your fridge. If it hardens just leave it out at room temp until it is liquid again.
Preheat grill to high heat. Brush bread well with EVOO and place on grill. Char both sides and reserve.
Place a small piece of burrata on bread, drizzle with pesto and top with a bit of anchovy. SO GOOD, I know!
Posted in: Appetizers, From the Learning Center, Learning Center