½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
A pinch of cayenne pepper
1 egg white
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 pound pecan halves
Cooking spray, as needed
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine sugars, cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
- In a large separate bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and maple syrup together. Whisk until frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Add pecans to the egg mixture and stir until each pecan is coated.
- Add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the pecans. Stir until each one is coated.
- Spread out the pecans in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
Posted in: Gluten-Free Vegetarian