Carrot Parsnip Soup
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup onions, medium diced
1 ¼ cups carrots, peeled and medium diced
1 ¼ cups parsnip, peeled and medium diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
¼ tsp ground cumin
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
1 ½ cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat. Once melted, add onions and cook until they are light brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add carrots, parsnips, garlic and seasonings. Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the root vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Blend all ingredients with cream in a blender until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.