Cheesy Vegetable Gratin
- 3 large potatoes; peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic; minced
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 2 medium zucchini; thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 Portobello mushroom caps; thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 Roasted red peppers; peeled and halved
- 1 cup parmesan cheese; shredded
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper as needed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium pot, boil or steam potatoes until almost tender, drain, and set aside. In a small bowl, combine olive oil with herbs and garlic. Brush zucchini and mushrooms with oil herb mixture, and roast in 400 degree oven until tender.
Once vegetables are cooked, reduce oven to 350 degrees. Layer one vegetable at a time in a baking dish. Sprinkle each layer with a little bit of parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, and continue layering until all vegetables are gone. Mix any remaining oil with breadcrumbs, and sprinkle evenly over the top of the gratin. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top and warm in the center.
Posted in: Sides, Vegetarian