Duck and White Bean Cassoulet
- 1 ¼ lbs cooked duck tenderloin
- 2 TB olive oil
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ head celery, diced
- 1 stem rosemary, 2 stems fresh oregano, 2 stems fresh thyme- tied in a bundle with kitchen twine
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 quart cooked cannellini beans
- ½ gallon chicken stock
- 1 ¼ lbs spicy cooked sausage, sliced
- 1 ½ cups frozen spinach, thawed
A cafe favorite!
Heat the oil in a medium stock pot. Add the vegetables and cook, stirring, until lightly browned around edges. Add the remaining ingredients except the duck, sausage and spinach. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour. Stir in duck, sausage and spinach. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.