Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup brown rice flour
⅓ cup potato starch
2 Tbsp tapioca starch
¾ tsp xanthan gum
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
⅔ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup sugar
2 ½ Tbsp butter
1 ¼ tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients except for the sugars in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar and mix until a smooth paste is formed. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until completely incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until everything is just combined.
- Portion the dough using a rounded tablespoon into 12 even round balls. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart and press down on the dough until it is about 2 inches in diameter. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack.
Posted in: Gluten-Free Dessert