Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter; at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cup GF flour mix
- 1 tsp. xantham gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Combine the gluten free baking mix, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt together in a large bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat with a whisk until there are no lumps of butter remaining and the consistency is smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and eggs and whisk until completely incorporated. Add the dry mix and gently fold until almost completely incorporated but there is still a little dry powder remaining. Add the chocolate chips and mix just until combined and no dry ingredients remain visible. Evenly scoop cookie batter onto prepared sheet trays lined with parchment paper, and bake at 350 degrees until set and evenly golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients except for the sugars in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar and mix until a smooth paste is formed. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until completely incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until everything is just combined.
- Portion the dough using a rounded tablespoon into 12 even round balls. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart and press down on the dough until it is about 2 inches in diameter. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack.