Made Without Gluten Vegan Blueberry Maple Oat Muffins
- 2 ½ cups gluten free oats
- 3 cups soy milk
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup evaporated cane juice
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup applesauce mixed with 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup oats for sprinkling
Yield: 12 Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats and soy milk in a large bowl, let sit at least 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown rice flour, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt and whisk well.
- Add evaporated cane juice, maple syrup, applesauce and baking soda mixture, canola oil, and vanilla to the oat mixture and whisk well. Fold in the dry ingredients mixture and mix well. Add blueberries and mix.
- Fill a greased muffin pan with the muffin batter ⅔ way in each cup. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with gluten free oats before baking. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick is able to be inserted and come out clean.
Posted in: Baked Goods, Breakfast, Dietary Considerations, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian