Moroccan Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups onion, small dice
- 1 cup celery, small dice
- 1 ½ cups carrots, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 ¼ tsp coriander
- 1 ¼ tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups eggplant, small dice
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups diced canned tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups roasted chicken, chopped or torn
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Packed full of healthy vegetables and lovely spices!
- Add oil into a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, celery, and carrots. Cook until they are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add red peppers, all of the spices, red curry paste, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the eggplant, chick peas, chicken stock, canned tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and pineapple juice. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add diced chicken, lemon juice, peas, parsley and cilantro. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
Posted in: Dietary Considerations, Gluten-Free, Gluten-Free Soups and Stews