Penne and Cajun Chicken in Cream Sauce
Cajun Chicken, cook ahead of time
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
Cajun Chicken Carbonara
8 ounces penne pasta
1Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cajun roasted chicken breasts, fully cooked and cut into ½ inch thick strips
¼ cup roasted red pepper, sliced into ¼ inch strips
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup shredded parmesan
3 cups baby spinach, fresh
Salt and pepper to taste
Method for the Cajun Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, toss the chicken breasts in olive oil and Cajun seasoning.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Once the pan is very hot, sear the chicken in the pan to blacken (not burn). Blacken the chicken on each side for 4-5 minutes.
- Place the chicken in the oven to finish cooking for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Method for the Penne and Cajun Chicken in Cream Sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and cajun chicken breast strips. Cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally so the garlic does not brown.
- Add peppers and then the cream. Bring the cream to a simmer and then remove from heat. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine spinach, cream and chicken mixture, and pasta. Mix until all of the ingredients are coated in sauce. Serve hot.