- 2 cups whole-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and firm flesh diced finely
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 red onion or 1 small shallot, finely minced
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
For best results, begin by salting the cucumber and placing them in a colander over a bowl to drain for about an hour. Rinse and pat dry. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix together well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve as an appetizer dip or as an accompaniment with meat.