Tuscan White Bean Soup
2 cups yellow onions, small diced
1 cup carrots, small diced
½ cup celery, small diced
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
½ cup russet potatoes, peeled and small diced
½ cup canned diced tomatoes
¼ cup white wine
1 cup cooked great northern beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup basil pesto
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil until the onions are translucent, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add garlic, herbs, and wine. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add potato, tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover vegetables completely with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add drained beans, pesto and parsley. Add more water, if needed, to adjust the consistency to your preference.