Two Potato Leek Soup
2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and medium diced
2 cups yukon potatoes, peeled and medium diced
1 cup leeks, dark green tops removed and medium diced
1 ⅓ tsp chipotle peppers, roughly chopped
½ cup whole milk
½ cup heavy cream
1 quart chicken stock
1 Tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium stock pot, melt the butter on medium heat
- Add leeks to the butter and cook until the leeks are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add both types of potatoes and chicken stock to cover potatoes.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until potatoes are soft, about 15-20 minutes
- Add milk, cream, chipotle pepper to the potatoes.
- Puree entire mixture completely in a blender
- Add salt and pepper to taste