Wild Rice With Mushrooms, Cranberries, And Roasted Walnut Oil
Nutty, earthy wild rice spiked with dried cranberries, finished with toasty walnut oil. So good!
- Bring 2 pots of salted water to boil.
- Add wild rice to 1 pot, cook until tender but not mushy, 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cook the oats in the other pot, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Put cranberries in a small bowl, cover with warm water, and set aside to soften.
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat, add mushrooms and cook 8-10 minutes until they soften and begin to release moisture. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a serving bowl. Add walnuts, shallots, softened cranberries, and parsley.
- When rice and oats are done, drain and add to bowl. Drizzle with the walnut oil and toss gently. Adjust seasonings with salt, pepper, and more walnut oil.