‘Tis the Season for Holiday Baking
It’s officially the holiday season! Are you ready to put your baking skills to the test? If you feel like you need a touch-up on your holiday baking skills, the Learning Center has you covered! Here are the descriptions to our cookie-related classes this December; if you’d like to register for any of them, simply click on the title or call (802) 863-2569 ext. 1. Happy baking!
- Learn how to roll, cut, bake, construct and decorate your own gingerbread house. Think of how impressive your holiday décor will be with your very own gingerbread house as the centerpiece! This class is hands-on and costs $55.
- It’s time to bake Italian Christmas cookies with Adele Dienno. You’ll learn to make three of Adele’s childhood favorites: crisp biscotti, light and delicious lace cookies, and savory amaretti. During the class, you’ll bake two-dozen cookies—plenty for the next holiday party cookie swap. Be ready though; you may become instantly famous throughout your neighborhood for your terrific dessert skills. Buon Natale! This class is hands-on and costs $55.
- About Adele: As a young girl growing up in an extended Italian family in South Philadelphia, Adele Dienno learned to cook alongside her Italian grandmother, her mother and four aunts. Now the president of the Vermont Italian Cultural Association (VICA), Adele is passionate about sharing her knowledge of traditional Italian food and spreading the joy of Italian cooking through cooking classes.
- In this class, Barb Hunton, our in-house baker and master of all things delicious, will show you how to create some over-the-top delectable cookies perfect for the holidays. Barb will walk you through the steps for making a variety of baked wonders to serve your friends and family this holiday season. You will make hand-crafted stained glass cookie ornaments, pecan tassies and Barb’s amazing peppermint bark. This class is hands-on and costs $45.
- Margaret Chalmers, our in-house gluten-free goddess, will share her secrets for making gluten-free goodies for the Holidays, including: Christmas cookies for Santa (he’ll never know), cinnamon buns for Christmas morning and sweet, delicious pie for the dessert table. This demonstration class is perfect for learning and sharing insightful tips and ideas for the tastiest gluten-free baking imaginable. This demonstration costs $20.
- In this second class, Adele Dienno will show you how to make three more classic Italian treats: Pizzelli, fruit/nut filled sweet ravioli and sesame cookies. Come with an empty tin—you’ll leave with a few dozen cookies to share as gifts. But beware, these are so tasty, they might not make it to the cookie exchange. This class is hands-on and costs $55.