Top 5 Cold and Flu Remedies
Sore throats, runny noses, headaches, fatigue, the chills … cold and flu season is knocking on the door with its host of miserable symptoms. While different viruses cause these two respiratory illnesses, they’re both highly contagious and common this time of year. Are we having fun yet?
The good news is you don’t need to sit idly by and let the sickies ruin your winter. Our Wellness Department is stocked with effective all-natural remedies to help you combat and soothe symptoms of the cold and flu.
- Elderberry Syrups — Elderberry syrup is a natural immune support that has been used for centuries. We have three exceptional elderberry products to recommend and they’re all a little different.
Honey Gardens Elderberry Honey Syrup combines organic elderberries and Echinacea, raw honey, and propolis. No “spoonful of sugar” needed — this is delicious.
Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup uses organic European elderberries and vitamin C from Acerola cherries in this highly concentrated syrup.
Urban Moonshine Immune Zoom blends elderberry, Echinacea, and raw honey with organic cinnamon bark, ginger root and cayenne extract. Urban Moonshine is an exciting brand that began six years ago in a Vermont home-kitchen and is now a national brand.
- Boiron Oscillococcinum —This homeopathic remedy works naturally with your body to relieve flu-like symptoms such as fever, chills, body aches and fatigue. Just ask for “oscillo”, we’ll know what you’re looking for.
- Woodstock Herbal Products, Cold & Flu — An herbal tincture that packs in more than 25 all-natural ingredients like boneset aerial parts, osha root, peppermint leaf, goldenseal and more. 30-50 drops in water throughout the day give your immune system a powerful boost.
- Herbal Revolution Fire Tonic — This all-organic warming blend is based on renowned herbalist Rosemary Gladstar’s Fire Cider. Herbal Revolution’s version uses a spicy base combined with potent herbs that support upper respiratory and sinus health.
- Zand Zinc Lozenges — This good-for-you lozenge blends soothing herbs, zinc, vitamin C and is naturally sweetened with brown rice syrup — that means no corn syrup, sucrose or cane sugar. Keep a packet of these on hand all winter long!