- 4 packed cups fresh baby arugula
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 1/2 heaping cup grated Willow Hill Farm Butternut or Mountain Tomme cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Toast your walnuts on a sheet tray in a 300º F oven for 15 minutes or in a small frying pan over low heat until fragrant. Cool the walnuts to room temperature before assembling your pesto. In a food processor combine all the ingredients except the olive oil. Blend thoroughly until very smooth. If the pesto is very loose add more arugula, and if the pesto is not blending well add more grapeseed oil (1 Tbsp at a time). It should be a little thicker than spaghetti sauce. With the food processor running add the olive oil in a steady stream. Add salt and pepper to taste. This pesto is wonderful on more than just eggs! Try it with pasta, fish or chicken!