½ lb ground beef, cooked and drained
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 cups Spanish yellow onions, large diced
1 ½ tsp fresh garlic, minced
½ cup carrots, medium diced
½ tsp chili powder
⅓ tsp ground coriander
⅓ tsp ground cumin
⅓ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
¾ cup zucchini, large diced
¾ cup green bell pepper, large diced
¼ cup canned crushed tomatoes
¼ cup canned diced tomatoes
1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup manzanilla olives
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup raisins
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ½ lb ground beef and break up the beef with a wooden spoon into small pieces.
- Stir frequently as the beef browns to make sure it’s being cooked evenly.
- Once there are no pink pieces left and the meat has been fully browned, remove from heat and drain excess fat. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until they are translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and carrots. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add spices, zucchini and green peppers. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and vinegar. Simmer on low for 15 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Add cooked and drained ground beef, olives, parsley, cilantro, and raisins. Serve hot.
Posted in: Gluten-Free, Gluten-Free Entree