Brown Basmati Rice Salad with Yogurt Curry Dressing
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 TB curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 TB olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced small
- 6 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
This is an easy-to-make recipe that comes together quickly and is packed with warming spices and sweet fruit, making it perfect for the holidays- or any time!
Place cooled cooked rice in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix yogurt with lemon juice, curry powder, cinnamon, olive oil and salt and pepper. Pour over rice and mix well. Fold in remaining ingredients and serve at room temperature.