Chicken Stir Fry with Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 1/4 cups rice syrup
- 1 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, pureed
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
Chicken & Vegetables:
- 2 lbs chicken breast (about 3 whole breasts) – Trimmed and cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 head of broccoli, julienned
- 1 cup carrots, halved, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup celery, julienned
- Scallions, sliced thin for garnish, as needed
- 8 tablespoons oil
Combine all ingredients in a small pot. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
Chicken & Vegetables
In a medium frying pan, heat 4 tablespoons of oil on medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook until the chicken loses its raw color and gets a little brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set the chicken aside.
Heat a large frying pan or wok on high heat. Add 4 tablespoons of oil. Add all of the vegetables. Once the vegetables are tender add the cooked chicken and marinade. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Garnish with scallions.