Cumin and Lime Pulled Pork
5 lbs boneless pork shoulder (also known as pork butt)
1 Tbsp + 1.5 tsp ground cumin
½ cup Jamaican jerk seasoning
2 Tbsp sea salt
½ cup dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 gallon chicken stock
¾ cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup hot pepper sauce, such as Cholula
- In a small bowl mix cumin, jerk seasoning, sea salt, and brown sugar to create a rub.
- Using all of the rub, coat the pork shoulder evenly – rubbing and patting the rub into the meat.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat. Sear the pork on all sides.
- Stir in chicken stock vinegar, hot sauce, and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Cook for 4 hours or until fork tender.
- Shred product hot and leave in liquid
- Adjust seasoning as necessary