Grilled Salmon with Shaved Spring Asparagus & Creamy Goat Cheese
• 2 chicken breasts or thighs
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
• 1/2 cup capers
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 tsp plus 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 2 large bunches of Tuscan kale
• center stem discarded and leaves thinly sliced
• 12 ounces brussels sprouts,
• trimmed and thinly sliced with a knife or mandolin
• 1/2 cup kalamata olives
• 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
1. Turn your grill on high and close the cover (about 30 minutes prior to preparing the food).
2. Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel, then brush thoroughly on all sides with oil, and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Place the salmon fillets flesh-side down (this is the presentation side) on the hottest part of your grill and do not move them or try to release them if they are sticking.
4. Let them cook until you see dark grill marks near the grill bars (about 5 minutes).
5. Flip them and cook just 2 minutes more (longer if you like your salmon cooked all the way through).
6. Rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
7. Prep the asparagus by peeling the stems with a vegetable peeler and removing the bottom 1-2” of woody stalk.
8. Using a mandolin or sharp knife slice the asparagus into very thin, diagonal slices.
9. In a large pan heat the butter until melted and foaming.
10. Add the asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened, but still very green.
11. Add the shallot and thyme, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook one minute more.
12. Remove from the heat and mix in the lemon zest. Adjust seasoning if needed.
13. To serve, place 2 oz. of goat cheese on each plate.
14. Set the salmon right on top of the cheese.
16. Divide the asparagus mixture evenly over the top of each portion of fish.
17. Serve immediately.