Grilled Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 pound tomatillos , husked and rinsed (see Ingredient note)
- 1 small red onion , cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar , or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt , or to taste
Grill tomatillos, onion slices and jalapenos, turning occasionally, until soft and a bit charred, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove vegetables as they are ready. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
Peel, seed and stem the jalapenos. Place the tomatillos, onions, jalapenos, lime juice, vinegar, brown sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is well blended but still has a chunky texture. Serve warm or chilled.
Posted in: Appetizers, Gluten-Free, Summer