Lamb Sausage Hash
- 1 pound lamb sausage, removed from casings
- 2 diced potatoes (Yukongold or another medium starch potato is best)
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Place the potatoes in a small pot and cover them with cold water and the 2 Tbsp salt. Place them on the stove and bring them to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the sausage, letting it brown nicely in the pan. Use a wooden spoon to break the sausage apart into small pieces. Add the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they are soft and fragrant. Add the potatoes. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and let it brown on one side (about 3-4 minutes without disturbing); turn with a spatula and brown the other side (it is ok if it breaks apart). Continue turning until most of the meat and potatoes are well-browned. Drain off any excess fat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley. Great with fried or poached eggs on top!!