Perfect Steamed White Sticky Rice
- 2 cups sticky rice (sometimes it goes by the name of sushi rice or short grain rice)
- 4 cups of water
- Measure the amount of rice you are going to be using and place in a stock pot. Keep in mind that rice expands as it cooks, so you’ll want to make sure you have a pot that is large enough. Rinse your rice until the water is clear and drain.
- Add water to your rice for cooking.
- Bring the water and rice to a boil uncovered.
- Bring the heat down to a low simmer and cover the rice. Place a lid over the rice and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes turn the heat off and let the rice stand with the cover on for another 10 minutes.
Remove the cover and fluff with a fork. Rice should be sticky and tender.
Posted in: Gluten-Free Sides, Sides, Vegan Sides, Vegetarian Sides