Slow-roasted beef round
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper , to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- These cuts aren’t as tender as loin or rib cuts, but if you slow-roast them lovingly, they are flavorful, tender and juicy!
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle the meat liberally with salt, pepper, garlic and thyme and place on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to 250, and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into a few places on the roast reads 125 – 130. (20-30 minutes per pound) The meat is best medium rare; it will carve easily and be very juicy. Remove from oven and let stand, loosely tented with foil, for 15 – 20 minutes before cutting. Remove strings and carve the roast into thin slices.