Three Bean Vegan Chili
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbs molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup textured soy protein
- 10 oz frozen corn, thawed or 2 cups fresh corn
Place textured soy protein in a heat proof bowl. Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil, pour over textured soy protein, stir, cover and set aside.
Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven. Add onion and sweat until translucent over low heat. Add peppers, garlic and spices. Continue to cook for 10 minutes over low heat, stir to avoid browning. Add tomatoes, molasses and cider vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
Add beans, textured soy protein and corn. Continue to simmer for 30 more minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.