Back To Your Roots
- 1 lbs beets, cut into ¾ inch dice
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into ¾ inch dice
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into ¾ inch dice
- 3 medium carrots, cut into ¾ inch dice
- 1Tbs olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2Tbs pickles, pureed or finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peas, defrosted or fresh and blanched*
- 1Tbs capers, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
Preheat oven to 400. Combine diced beets, red potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots in a large bowl. Toss in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a sheet try in a single layer and roast in oven until tender, about 30 minutes or so. Allow to cool completely.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Once roasted root vegetables are cool add to mayo mixture and mix to coat all vegetables evenly.
*To blanch fresh peas, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas and cook for only a few minutes until vibrant green and just cooked. Remove from boiling water, shock in cold water and strain.