Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette Pasta with Basil
- 2-3 slices day old baguette or 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 6 TB extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ½ TB white balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 12 oz fettucini pasta
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
A great recipe when cherry tomatoes are plentiful and the basil is blooming.
Preheat oven to 375º. Tear baguette into small chunks about the size of a pencil eraser. Toss with 2 TB of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then spread on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes. Let cool. Whisk together 4 TB of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and stir to coat. Set aside to marinate. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the tomatoes and vinaigrette. Place in a serving bowl and top with the basil chiffonade and the toasted bread crumbs.