Grilled Steak with Fresh Corn Salad
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , divided
- 2 boneless strip (top loin) steaks , trimmed (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 5 large ears corn , husked
- 2 medium tomatoes , chopped
- 1 small orange or red bell pepper , diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
Preheat grill to high.
Combine garlic, 1 teaspoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Rub the mixture on both sides of steaks. Place the steaks and corn on the grill. Grill the steaks 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let them rest while the corn finishes cooking. (The steaks will continue to cook while resting.) Grill the corn, turning to cook all sides, until some of the kernels are slightly charred, 8 minutes total. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
Remove the kernels from the cobs using a sharp knife. Combine the corn, tomatoes and bell pepper in a medium bowl; stir in basil, vinegar, the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Slice the steaks and serve with the corn salad.
Posted in: Entrees, Gluten-Free, salads, Summer