Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 14 slices baguette , (preferably whole-wheat), toasted
- Anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil , for garnish
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Toss tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
Combine the roasted tomatoes with basil and vinegar.
Top baguette slices with the roasted tomato mixture. Garnish with anchovy fillets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil.