Butternut Squash Pizza with Sage or Rosemary
- 1 cup sliced onion
- ½ medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 TB olive oil
- 2-3 TB grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- ½-1 cup grated medium cheddar or mozzarella
- 1 prebaked pizza crust
- 2-3 tsp chopped fresh sage or rosemary, optional
This pizza is an unusual and tasty way to use butternut squash. Serve with a fresh tossed salad with a simple vinaigrette for a nice fall meal.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the prepared squash and onions with olive oil and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally for even cooking. When vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, remove from the oven and let cool. Add the fresh herb of choice and stir to distribute evenly. Sprinkle the grated cheddar or mozzarella on the prebaked crust and top with the squash and onion mixture. Bake for about 10 minutes until crust is golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the grated Asiago or Parmesan.