Clarina’s Sweet Onion BBQ Sauce
- 1 very large white or yellow onion; minced
- 1/2 stick of butter (or substitute olive oil for a healthier option!)
- 2 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 TB worchestershire sauce
- 1 TB liquid smoke; more if desired
- Salt and pepper; to taste
Try this terrific sauce at your new barbecue!
In a sauce pan, over medium heat, melt butter and add onion. Cook onion, stirring constantly until soft and fragrant (about 6-8 minutes). Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low for one hour. Using an emulsion blender, puree sauce to finish or serve as is! Salt and pepper to taste and put on chicken, pork, veggies, or anything else!