Corned Beef with Cabbage
- 1 whole prepared corned beef
- 1 small head cabbage; quartered and then quarters halved
- 1 onion; diced
- 2-3 carrots cut into 2-3 inch segments
- 4 red potatoes
- 2 Tbsp corned beef seasoning
- Salt and pepper; as desired
Place all ingredients in a deep pot and cover with water until it rises one inch above ingredients. Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 2 1/2-3 hours and allow liquids to reduce a bit. Meat is ready when it is fork tender.
Perfect for St. Paddy’s Day!
Posted in: Entrees, Fall, Seasonal, Soups and Stews, Winter