Lebanese-Style Shish Taouk Chicken
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast; cut into strips
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. Dried Italian Herbs
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Olive Oil; as needed
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
Garlicy Mayonnaise Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic; finely minced or made into a paste
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper; to taste
Easy Pickled Onions
- 1 red onion; thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. whole mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns
Place chicken breast and all remaining ingredients together in a Ziploc bag or mixing bowl and toss to combine. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or over night! Meanwhile, prepare accompaniments to serve. Heat grill over high heat, remove chicken from marinate and pat or shake dry. Grill until brown marks develop on all sides, being sure to monitor internal temperature for 165 degrees. Set aside until ready to assemble wraps.
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Set aside or keep refrigerated until needed.
Bring vinegar, water, sugar, mustard seeds, and peppercorns to a boil in a small saucepot. Cook until sugar dissolves and then transfer to a bowl. Add onions and stir to cover. Allow onions to pickle in the refrigerator until needed!