Sauteed Spinach with Red Onion, Bacon & Blue Cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 10-ounce bag fresh spinach , (see Ingredient note), tough stems removed
- 2 strips center-cut bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 1 minute. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bacon and sprinkle cheese on top. Serve immediately.