Bistro Beef Tenderloin
- 1 3-pound beef tenderloin , trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs , such as chives, parsley, chervil, tarragon, thyme
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Tie kitchen string around tenderloin in three places so it doesn’t flatten while roasting. Rub the tenderloin with oil; pat on salt and pepper. Place in a large roasting pan.
Roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the tenderloin registers 140 degrees F for medium-rare, about 45 minutes, turning two or three times during roasting to ensure even cooking. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest for 10 minutes. Remove the string.
Place herbs on a large plate. Coat the tenderloin evenly with mustard; then roll in the herbs, pressing gently to adhere. Slice and serve.