Roasted Garlic Hummus
Ingredients for the hummus
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- ¾ cups tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ cup roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
Ingredients for the roasted garlic
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2 teaspoons, olive oil
Method for the hummus
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Method for the roasted garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the top of the head of garlic to expose the tops of the garlic cloves, about ½ inch.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the exposed surface of the garlic heads.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil together and roast in the oven for 40 minutes or until the cloves are soft. The garlic is done when a center clove is completely soft when pierced with a toothpick.
- Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, press on the bottom of a clove to push it out of its skin.