HL Bakeshop’s Made Without Gluten Apple Muffin
4 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all purpose baking flour
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan gum
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups milk
½ lb butter, melted
⅓ cup apples, peeled and diced
9 each, apple slices
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, vanilla and milk with an electric mixer.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture. Beat on medium speed until combined and the mixture is creamy.
- Lower the speed on the electric mixer and slowly add the melted butter, mix until completely combined.
- Stir in the apples gently by hand until they are distributed evenly throughout the muffin batter.
- Let the muffin batter sit at least 20 minutes before scooping.
- Scoop muffin batter into a greased muffin pan or cups and top with apple slices.
- Bake muffins for 35-45 minutes. Muffins are ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.