Salt & Pepper Sirloin
- 2 cups Grilled Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin steak , trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt , or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
Make Grilled Tomatillo Salsa.
Preheat grill to high.
Rub steak with oil; season both sides with salt and pepper. Lightly oil the grill rack (hold a piece of oil-soaked paper towel with tongs and rub it over the grate). Grill the steak until cooked to desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer it to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak thinly across the grain and serve with Grilled Tomatillo Salsa.