Smoked Trout Hash with Mustard Greens
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound precooked diced red-skinned potatoes , (about 2 1/2 cups; see Note)
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces smoked trout , skin removed, flaked
- 4 cups thinly sliced mustard greens
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and crispy, adjusting heat if necessary to prevent burning, 8 to 12 minutes.
Whisk mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add to the potatoes along with trout and greens. Cook, stirring, until the greens are just wilted, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir 1 to 2 tablespoons water into the hash if it seems dry. Serve hot.